Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Let Them Eat Cake!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Let Them Eat Cake!

Today has been an interesting day to say the least! We had the second consultation this morning with the radiology oncologist for the Gamma Knife treatment. Everything ran right on time! So I go NO knitting done - can you believe it! So no photo content tonight. I don't know about you but I could go without seeing another one of those dishclothes.

This doctor is going to be gone on May 21st so they've moved my appt to June 1st with all assurances that the extra days will make no difference in the treatment. Still looking at an almost all day extravaganza but I'll have drugs and probably nap most of the day. She said I could bring knitting but why knit when in 24 hours I'll probably be tearing the whole thing out again anyway.

And about the cake - I haven't been able to eat cake in almost a year and a half. This may not seem like a big deal to most, but I LOVE cake. It's about my favorite comfort treat (right after vanilla ice cream which I haven't been able to eat for the same amount of time).


And it probably wasn't even real cake. We went to a Hunan Buffet where I was able to pick and choose quite a few items for dinner. Then I saw they had 1" lemon cake squares. So I tried one with some fake ice cream. AND I WAS ABLE TO EAT BOTH. I had three lemon squares and one chocolate square of cake plus 2 half bowls of fake ice cream! If I had know, I would never have filled up on regular food. Is God good or what!

So I told Jim he would have to start eating lunch there so he could bring a take home box of a few cake squares! He wasn't quite as excited about the prospect as I was but I'm sure I'll see cake once in a while now. And I just hope it tastes good every time. One of the problems I have with the steroids is flavors change from one time to the next. But at least I had cake tonight!

4 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so are you walking or waddling tonight?

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Cake is good. I'm glad you got to indulge and enjoy!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Yay for cake!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

We should get you some real cake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home