Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Recovering Emily (The Scarf, That is)

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Recovering Emily (The Scarf, That is)

We did one showing today and then I spent most of the afternoon working on my Emily scarf. The frogging the other day was so disheartening. I just hate frogging! But, while I didn't get it quite recovered to where it was, it's pretty darn close. I wanted you to see what it will look like on my hunter green coat. I personally think the color combo is stunning! The picture doesn't do it justice, the coat is really green and the scarf is much brighter!

And a close up. Of course I haven't blocked it yet, but it's going to be very nice.


I also have a small baby hat someone gave me for our charity knitting projects. I apologize for the fuzziness. Tonight has not been my night to take pictures.


And I don't know where the Yarn Inspector went. Usually she is so vigilant about checking out anything I'm photographing. As soon as she hears the camera turn on, she's usually right there. She must be sleeping someplace...no...she can hear a can of cat food being opened in the kitchen when she's on the back porch with the door closed. And these are cans where you just peel the lid off, kind of like sardines. Hmmm....makes you wonder.

And the update today is - not great. I don't understand but it seems just like clockwork, come Saturday and Sunday I don't feel anywhere near as good as the rest of the week. I had planned to clear out the piles of papers, knitting books and mags, and assorted stuff I've managed to accumultate around me here in the bedroom. I managed to get one stack of stuff put away before feeling dizzy. Really hoping I'll feel good enough to go to church tomorrow.

Have a Blessed Easter Holiday!

8 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Emily scarf is just beautiful, the color is great and looks so nice with your hunter green coat. We hope you feel much better tomorrow! And are praying for you! Have a Blessed Easter! Love, Mom

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger quantumtea said...

That is a sweet scarf! Maybe when I have some enough handspun yarn...

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Terri said...

Your scarf is beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person.

Happy Easter!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Happy Easter!

What a great color combination--will definitely brighten up a gray winter day.

Hope you're feeling stronger soon!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

The Emily scarf is looking gorgeous. Hope today was better than yesterday.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Your scarf is beautiful and I think it is perfect with your coat.

I hope you are feeling better each day.

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the scarf is beautiful and will look wonderful with a green coat. Hope you had a good day.

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely scarf! Glad you have almost recovered from the frogging incident!

I hope the Easter spirit brings you a much-needed renewal this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home