Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: And The Answer Is...

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, April 17, 2006

And The Answer Is...

42!

Oh, wrong question.


Actually I got the results of my Pet scan this morning. Since I've shared every other milestone with you folks, I'm certainly going to share this -

THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE! Cancer-free! Do you hear that? That's the sound dancing in the streets (okay, dancing in the house, well, happy wiggling in bed). My dr called early this morning to tell us the good news.

When I had the pet scan done, the tech decided to include my head when he found out about the tumors. Now here is what my dr said about that part of the the scan. He is, and I quote, "cautiously optomistic about the tumor. No metabolic activity was detected which means either the tumor is gone (which is what I think) or what's left of it is so small it's not showing up." I am CANCER-FREE! I'll still have to have the second MRI of my head next month but all that's going to show is no tumor.

So good news first thing today. Now I just need to get thru this steriod jaunt and I'm ready to get back to life!

My Emily scarf is almost done. I decided I needed to knit a matching flower to pin on a hat. I've been going thru patterns on the internet and in my books to find something I like. Isn't it funny how you can make a whole item but when you want an accessory it takes forever to find the perfect thing!

Well, I don't have much else for today. No kitty eye candy, no knitting to share, just some basic good news.

11 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

That news is THE BEST! I was so happy you called to tell me. Congratulations!

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!! great news

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger quantumtea said...

Yay! This is wonderful!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Emily said...

A woo and a hoo! That is great news.

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Congratulations!" isn't nearly a strong enough word for this good news. May you kick those steroids in the butt and leave this whole experience long behind you soon. Hooray!!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Rosemary said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!! So happy!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Jen said...

That's great news Susan!! I'm so glad to hear it. We are all doing the happy dance with you!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Terri said...

News? This is BIGGER than news! This is really fantastic, wonderful, can't begin to describe how priceless this information is.
Best to you sweet Susan.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

HALLELUJAH!!!!! HOOORAAAAY!!!

I'm THRILLED for ***YOU****! : )

What a wonderful answered prayer.

Shelly

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! I'm so happy to hear it. Congratulations. I don't have any words to express this, but with news like that, you'll get through the steroid thing on a cloud, right?

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the BEST news ever. Thanks for keeping us posted on what was happening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home