Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Some Actual Knitting

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Some Actual Knitting

I managed to fit some knitting into my busy schedule this week (my schedule consists of go to an appt, come home and nap, go to the next appt, come home and nap, leaves little time for knitting). Yesterday a good friend came by and we knitted and visited.

Polly Garvey, sweetie that she is, gave me a ton of cotton dishcloth yarn. So visiting and knitting yesterday I was able to complete one of my favorite dishclothes - yes you guessed it - the DW.


This particular color of Peaches and Cream Cotton is called "Gumdrop." Very spring-like and cheery. Here's a close-up:

I'm looking forward to making a lot of DW's. Most of the cotton yarn is verigated and some colors I simply have never seen. This is going to be great fun!

And my Emily scarf is done! I haven't blocked it yet but I did make a matching flower:

That's pretty washed out picture. Here is a close up of just the flower. Notice the beads in the middle. Makes a nice touch. I figure I can pin this to a hat and look very "together" -WooHoo!

I just love the way the scarf and flower turned out. Now I can get on to other things (not to mention the charity knitting I need to accomplish this month).

Thanks so much for all the good wishes on my great news. I appreciate you folks no end! You have no idea!

8 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The subtle variegations on the flower look terrific -- they give it lots of depth. You'll be a perfect fashion plate with your scarf-hatpin combo!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Terri said...

I think the "socks" did it! ha

Love the scarf and the DW. I'll have to get that color.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are enjoying the cotton. I had a feeling it was going to the right home.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

It'a all gorgeous!! I love the flower!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Ok, enough is enough. I DEMAND a picture of the Yarn Inspector. I think someone must be locking her in the closet to keep her out of pictures. :-)

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Great knitting. I love seeing how the Malabrigo knitted up.

And always fun seeing another DW.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a slave to fashion..... My compliments! I buy/make accessories but never seem to remember to wear them!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Domie's Mom said...

I just found your site and LOVE IT. What a wonderful and creative introduction:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home