Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Another DW Cloth

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Another DW Cloth

Yes, I know this is getting old. This will be the last one for a while. The overall picture was fuzzy but here's a close up of the colors. It's Sugar and Cream - Sun Kissed Ombre:
I found a UFO and frogged it. I am designing a cuff to cuff tee-shirt with the yarn and I think I will like it much better. This is what the UFO looked like:

I found a pattern in my "The Ultimate Knitted Tee" book and I have a pattern I made a couple of years ago called "Melody Top" by Sweaterkits.com. I'm thinking between the two patterns it's only a matter of getting a gauge and redoing the numbers. So I am swatching right now to see what will work. Yes, I could follow either pattern but both call for size 6 needles and this yarn (Santana from Patternworks) really needs to be on size 8's.

And here is Sugar's latest perch. It's the top of my exercise bike. When Blueberry is too mean to her, she zips up to the top and clings to the handle. Here she is trying to get her balance and talking the whole time. Is it just me or does she look slightly psycho?

Anyway, once she gets her balance she is queen of all she surveys (until she gets down and Blueberry clobbers her):

And speaking of Blueberry, here is a picture of her on one of the porch chairs. She does look kind of crabby but I think it's because I just woke her up so I could take her picture.

And we went to a birthday party yesterday. The young man just turned one. It is so fun to watch a one year old whap his first birthday cake into pieces. Actually he just whapped it flat, got chocolate cake and icing everywhere and had a great time. Lucky for the rest of us, his mom had another cake for the guests. I had planned to take my camera so I could get some pictures to put up, but of course I forgot to even bring it. Perhaps Wayne has pictures on his blog.

It's been a busy week but the steroid reduction is going well. On Wednesday we drop to 2.5 ml.

4 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Wow!! I think I'd be scared if I saw Sugar with that look on her face. Whew!! She does look psycho. Who would have ever known by how sweet she was when I met her! lol

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Blueberry does look grumpy in that photo!

Yay for steroid reduction!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

And that's why 1 year olds should always have chocolate cake!

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it is not just you -- Sugar looks totally, hilariously psycho. Awesome photo.

And I laughed out loud at the idea of the little boy "whapping" his cake. Excellent word choice. I can totally see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home