Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Fuzzy Feet Fun

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Friday, February 24, 2006

Fuzzy Feet Fun

I had to TURN A HEEL! I can not imagine doing this on tiny little needles with tiny little yarn. I didn't like it on size 10.5 needles! The Dark Side will NEVER win!!

And having said all that. Here is Fuzzy Foot #1. The multi-color is the cuff, the purple is the foot. I have to do 9.5 inches of foot to fit my hubby. As you can plainly see, I've got about 3".

I am offically claiming this as my sock making adventure! After these are done, I doubt I will ever turn a heel or create a heel flat again. Back to normal slippers for me.

Tomorrow is the Knitty Committee. I can't wait! I'm going to try to remember to put my camera in my bag. I'm sure it won't be anywhere near as fun as the Norman Sit n Stitch was on Thursday. (not too many greek gods wandering around the church) But I'm sure we'll manage to have fun anyway!

Quick update - Only two treatments left. Am so glad for the weekend. Still taking steroids but no treatments over the weekend.

Shelly - I finally had an honest man tell me that yes, my face IS rounder. So the chubby cheeks club is in full swing - lol!

4 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger quantumtea said...

It's too late, you're already on the Dark Side, just quibbling about the needle size!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so PROUD to be in the chubby cheeks club with you! We're trend setters, I'm telling ya. : )

Love the fuzzy feet!

Could you tell me more about Knitty Committee? I'm not sure I know about what it is exactly.

Praying for you all the time....

Your Pal,

Shelly

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Emily said...

If you want to make felted slippers without the heel turn, you might want to check out the Fiber Trends felted clog pattern.

No heel turns, I promise.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I agree - you're already on the dark side. Might as well learn to love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home