Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Fuzzy Feet Beat!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Fuzzy Feet Beat!

And they are going so fast! Here is the cuff of #1. I started out using the magic loop on this, thinking I'd do them both at the same time so I could monitor the yarn. Uh...can you say...gotta be smarter than the stuff you're working with...

So I gave that up and went directly to just measuring and keeping totals. Handspun is so soft to work with. I just love it!

And notice my very cool, one and only, stitch marker. Polly made me this a while back and I keep thinking I'm going to make a set of blue bead ones to match it. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I had really planned to accomplish a bit more than this today, but woke up feeling kind of off. Called to get the silly pet scan set up and found out I wasn't supposed to eat for FOUR hours prior. Like that was going to happen, after what happened yesterday. So the scan is cancelled for the time being and I'm still eating like I haven't had food in days. I swear my face is rounder but Jim still thinks it looks the same. Shelly mentioned chubby cheeks from steriods. Boy can I identify with that!

Radiation Update - treatment 10 today. Four left. Think the steriods are helping finally. I have pain in my hip and I haven't even felt that hip in a couple of months. So that part is good/bad. I felt better this afternoon and am hoping to feel really good tomorrow. Especially since I'm not doing the scan.

3 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Pretty, pretty!!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh, am I *ever* loving your handspun and dyed! I'm hoping to use your directions on *how to* soon.

Sweetie, don't worry about the chubby cheeks....I'm hearing they are all the rage this season...and we're going to be leading the pack! : )

Your Pal,

Shelly

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Love the colors! They will be pretty socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home