Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Oh The Places We'll Go!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Oh The Places We'll Go!

I had originally started the sides of my next felted tote, when Jim said he liked the yarn! So the sides are now back in balls awaiting the Fuzzy Feet treatment! He also decided he wanted my handspun (so much softer after felting), NO PROBLEM! Here are the colors he picked from the batch I just dyed:


I've already split the balls into two parts in hopes of having the slippers appear vaguely the same. And while at Michael's this afternoon (I've decided walking around craft stores is part of my PT!!) I found some puff paint to put on the soles to cut down on slipping and maybe even keep them from wearing out so fast.

But you know what! For all my complaining about socks and little needles and little yarn - these Fuzzy Feet are actual socks! I'm going to have to turn the heel, I'm going to have to work the toe - OMG!! I had no idea until I looked at the pattern closer. And now it's too late - he likes them - HAHAHAHA!!! So I'm off to start Fuzzy Feet.

Health Update - If you are on steriods, you must eat. If you do not eat, your blood sugar decides you no longer love it and it pouts. When it pouts you crash and find you can not only NOT eat, but you can not move!!!

Theresa - Perfomance enhancement - I am power eating to keep my blood sugar happy!! Geez! Who knew it would get so cranky. So anyway, I was zipping along this morning, talking ninety miles a minute (perfomance enhancement), thinking I should probably stop and eat (every 2 -3 hours) and pushed too far. Thank goodness for speed dial. Had Jim on the phone in seconds and he was on his way home anyway. A bit of scare so now I'm eating like every 15 minutes - just in case - lol!

Rest of the day went fine. Physical therapy at Akins to get snacks (I'm stuffing my pockets like a squirrel, taking food everywhere), physical therapy at craft stores (still looking for a special bead for a bracelet). Dr says I need to walk - lol!

And I have to tell you guys - I so appreciate your support with all this. I always feel surrounded by so much good stuff it's incredible! THANKS! Posted by Picasa

BTW, post title actually refers to sock knitting. I just realized it kind of doesn't make sense (unless of course, you are perfomance enhanced and it better refer to FOOD).

5 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger quantumtea said...

Fuzzy Feet this week, socks on teeny needles next week. See, you can't resist the Dark Side! :-)

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Maybe a timer of some sort in your pocket might be in order, to remind you to eat something?

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Love the colors for Fuzzy Feet! Don't worry, you'll do great on turning heels and kitchnering toes. : )

Yes, by all means eat...and then eat some more! Gotta love those steroids. : )

I'm praying for you *all* the time.

Shelly

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Love the craft store PT - sounds motivating!

The socks will be fine - mistakes can come out in the felting.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Sounds like you are getting around pretty good. Thinking of you often and can't wait to see you this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home