Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: The Finished Market Squares Bag

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Finished Market Squares Bag

IT'S DONE! I finished and felted the straps last night and sewed them on this afternoon. Overall I like this bag. I'm not too happy with my color selections and plan to make another one in a different color. Once I got started it went pretty fast (course having a full FIVE days to just knit on it did make a difference).

I found a
photo gallery of the bags and have been looking at color choices. I'm really leaning toward a mauve, and two grays idea. Kay mentioned using a color wheel to help with selections. Great idea! I'm going to dig mine out and take it with me to Gourmet Yarns next time.

In the meantime, I'm working on the sides of the other little lunchbox tote with some of the yarn I dyed. I have to say, handspun is so soft (well, mine's kind of thick, I don't spin tiny yarn any better than I knit on tiny needles), I really am enjoying the knitting. Size 10.5 needles, big soft yarn, bright colors - like heaven!

And once the tote is done, I'm think I might try the
Fuzzy Feet slipper pattern from Knitty. Jim would like some new slippers, since his old ones are worn out, and I'm thinking this felting thing is so much fun, I should combine them. But his slippers will probably be leftovers from the Market Squares Bag (I was surprised how much yarn was left over) and not my handspun. I'm not so sure my homespun yarn would hold up under foot-wearing.

All you Olympic knitters out there are doing so great, I've enjoyed keeping up with your knitting. Makes me feel kind of bad to admit I'm making Fuzzy Feet when I see some of the REAL knitting taking place - lol!

Med update - Started the day with a cold drive to see my doctor. I was on time, he managed to show up about an hour later! AND upped my steroid intake! I can already tell the extra dose is working - I haven't stopped eating since I took it! Then radiation treatment #8. Six days to go. Anyway, I'm having a pretty good day. Up, dressed, and out the door by 9am (I AM NOT a morning person) and still dressed and NOT in bed at 7pm - whoo-hooo - hahaha!

9 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

GASP! Your bag is freakin' awesome!! **love**

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Great job on the bag!

I'm still getting the hang of color selection myself, it's tricky.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I love that bag!! I love the colours of it too! You did a great job on it. Is this pattern available anywhere, or is it one that you bought or found in a book/magazine?

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

So cute in all that winter weather you're having! But what's that about more performance enahcement? Just kidding - hang in there!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Susan, your bag is beautiful!!! : ) I love it!

I'm glad that you are progressing through your treatments. You are in my prayers always.

Hey, I think *Fuzzy Feet* is definitely considered Olympic worthy knitting!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Terri said...

I love the bag. The colors are great. Hope to see you Saturday.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I picked up a color wheel this weekend at Hobby Lobby. I knew about complimentary colors but that was it. I think it will be a great way to select colors for this bag. Shelley, the pattern is in Bags, A Knitter's Dozen.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Your bag looks great! I can't wait to see progress on the Fuzzy Feet!

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan the bag is just beautiful and I know it represents a WHOLE lot of work. It is so great that you have so many friends that support you in every way! I want to thank them each and every one! God Bless you, Susan--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home