Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Harn Homestead Knitting

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Harn Homestead Knitting

First and foremost I want to thank you for the wonderful comments and emails regarding my last post. I have a great community of friends and family and I appreciate every one of you! Thank you for your prayers, thank your for your support, and thank you for letting me be part of your lives. I may mention from time to time what's going on with me but it's time to get back to the regularly scheduled feature of KNITTING!!

Yesterday I had the honor and privilege of meeting and teaching five lovely ladies how to knit. We met at the historic Harm Homestead museum, in OKC, in the little farmhouse. The ladies were delightful (I tried hard to keep my drill sergeant personality down to a dull roar) and they all made marvelous progress. I have encouraged them to come to Guild, get involved in local knitting groups and tried to infect them with the knitting bug as hard as I could!


And speaking of Guild, don't forget to go vote for lamb names! I'll be sending out a reminder later today. And I hear the weather is supposed to be bad on Sunday. Unless there is an Artic blizzard or the library closes, I'll be there.

Short posts for a while. Depending on how the energy holds up, my next big project is to get the Market Squares Bag felted in time to show it off at Guild.

4 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

GREAT on teaching new knitters! You are an absolute inspiration, Susan. : )

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I have to say I was very surprised when someone told me they read my blog. I thought only the commenters read it!! lol

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger quantumtea said...

I love teaching, especially that moment when the light goes on and they get it and they're off and running!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Susan, the way you recruit knitters would make a Girl Scout selling cookies jealous. They would love to have you as a member.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home