Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Happy Camper in Wonderland!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Happy Camper in Wonderland!

(Where do you suppose the term "happy camper" even came from?) I am up to tier 8, the second lavendar row on my Entrelac Market Squares Bag. This picture was taken this afternoon. I put on tier 7 and two rectangles of tier 8 during the super bowl.


The Knit In at Gourmet Yarn last night was great! Must have been over 15 knitters working on projects. As usual I forgot my camera but Rosemary was there working on a sock, Emily was working on a really soft scarf, Jennie was there (but I didn't see what she was working on, maybe a sock), Kay was working on a sock (Margaret had a sock class before the knit in), Jan was making a scarf, I didn't see what Karen was working on, Terri had wrist warmers going, another Susan was working on a very colorful poncho for one of her twin grandaughters, Beverly was working on a scarf, another scarf, and the market squares bag. Sherry came with her daughter from Dallas and they both looked like they were working on socks. Several other ladies were there but I didn't get everyone's name. It was a great group!

And see how many have blogs!! Oklahoma knitters are starting to come out of the woodwork! Which reminds me, the Metro OKC Knit Guild has put up the February newsletter. Go check it out!

And now I'm off to do my weekly writing assignment which I put off every week until the very last minute. I finally figured out what to write about while I was sitting at my open house today.

And if you know where "happy camper" comes from, let me know - thanks!

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

You've really made a lot of progress on that! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home