Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Happy Birthday Mom!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!

It's my Mom's birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom! Wish we could have been there to have cake and ice cream with you and Dad. (I know... you don't eat cake, I don't eat ice cream, but I bet we could find something just as good!) I know she reads my blog every day so if you feel like it, wish her a happy birthday.

AND it's our 21st wedding anniversary. Jim and I met "on-line" (though it wasn't called "on-line" at the time). The personal PC's had just come out and not many people had them. He was here in OKC working for Uncle Sam, I was in Tacoma, Washington working as a computer programmer. It was a "God-fluke" (you know, God sets it up and we call it a fluke), that we even met.

We spent hours talking on the phone and typing to each other real-time via the computer. By the time we met face-to-face (about three months after meeting on the computer), we were good friends. This went on for about a year, and then we thought we might want to try a real dating relationship but being six states apart made it kind of hard.

Since I was the only one who could change jobs (Uncle Sam being kind of closed minded about job hopping), I got on the computer, found a head hunter, and got a job programming here. I moved out here in September, we got engaged in November, and married in January. I guess it's working out pretty well. :-)

Revelry today, knitting content tomorrow!

3 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Susan and Jim! That 21 years went by fast! Thanks for wishing me Happy Birthday (and not divulging my age). Your YI's pictures are always so cute. Always enjoy seeing what you are knitting also.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!

Really, if it wasn't for her, you wouldn't even have an anniversary!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom and Happy Anniversary to you both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home