Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: The Dark Side

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Friday, February 03, 2006

The Dark Side

As Ali calls it. Or knitting on piano wire as I call it. We are both talking about SOCK KNITTING. This stemmed from my little rant yesterday about needle sizes. I have two things to say about the dark side (after I stop laughing):

First, I love hand knit socks...I CHERISH hand knit socks. I have one pair a wonderful friend made me. I wear them only occasionally because I know the love and time that go into socks and I don't ever expect her to make me another pair. So my plan to get more hand knit socks without me making them is to be especially pathetic and pitiful. That way my receiving hand knit socks is rather like helping a charity case.

Second, I have already visited the dark side. Not sock knitting but worse:

Knitting on straitght pins! With ONE strand of five strand embroidery floss. This whole thing is the size of a quarter. And I didn't just make the one, oh no, (did I mention I tend toward obsessive compulsive) I made TEN! I have three left. I gave the others away. I did this around my 32nd birthday, just to prove I could. This is what probably pushed me over the edge on needle sizes!

So much for the dark side. But I did like Theresa's idea of having more than one large project to work on at a time. I do that too, only I NEVER get back to it. I just keep starting new sweaters and never finishing them. I went back to one of my earliest entries where I listed my UFOs. Most are sweaters and are still in the same state as when I took the pictures. In fact, I had forgotten about a couple of them.

And that brings me to my latest Large Project - the Market Square Bag. At the rate I'm going, Kay will not have to worry about getting hers done before mine! I have three tiers done. I started the fourth last night. Half way around the bag, I noticed the rectangles looked a little floppy. Sure enough, I had made up my own instructions for the round, so spent the next several minutes frogging and complaining. Tonight I will look at the directions FIRST!

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, I call that knitting to the extreme. lol I don't think my old eyes could knit that tiny anymore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home