Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Beginnings and Endings

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Beginnings and Endings

What a great weekend this has been! First the Knitty Committee met Saturday morning. There were over 15 of us and the church had another event going on so we were CRAMMED into a little room off the library. It was cozy but great. And I'm not complaining, they have always made room for us and we are all very grateful!

If you have never come for a Knitty Committee gathering, you should. We have knitters, crocheters, Polly was even spinning on a drop spindle! We welcome any fiber-holics with open arms, more than ready to support you in your habit.

And we had a special guest come from Norman (the first time you're a guest the second time you come, we consider you a regular) -
Kay, who impressed us with the enterlac bag she was working on.

When I finally got home (time flies when you are around fiber maniacs, particularly if you are one also), I was inspired to begin MY enterlac bag.


I realize this is only three of the five colors but it didn't even dawn on me when I was taking the picture. And I'm too lazy to go back and take another with all of them. Trust me, you'll probably see more pictures than you care about as I start working my way through the bag. My sequence will be two rows navy blue, two rows lighter blue, two rows yellow, two rows lavendar, and two rows of dark purple.

I went out to Knitting Universe and used their paintbox to work through color layouts. Boy was that fun! In the end, my original idea for the colors was the one I liked best. But it's so handy to be able to get an idea of what it will look like ahead of time. I've managed to get the rim (done in yellow) and the first row of triangles started. This is going to be fun to knit.

And the baby blanket is done! Well, I still need to wash it, but for all intents and purposes, it is done. I love feather and fan, it has to be the easiest lace pattern in existance.

And most of today I spent creating bracelets. I haven't felt like pulling out my beads since July so it was really nice to work with them again. I'll post some pics later. I still have to turn in my creative writing assignment for this week (which means I need to go write it).

4 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, Kay's entrelac bag is a stunner

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Susan,

I had a great time yesterday too. I hope to get more knitting done this week. Your I-bag will look gorgeous.

Terri

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Ooh, can't wait to see the entrelac in progress.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

I'd vaguely heard of this Knitty Committee, but didn't know what it was. I shall check it out next time it'll work out :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home