Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: And Now For Something Different

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

And Now For Something Different

I was tired of working on the baby blanket so thought I'd give the bee stitch dishcloth a try. First I used Sugar n Cream in Fiesta - I hated it - too much color and no stitch definition. Then I thought maybe just a few flecks of color so I tried it in Sugar n Cream Pastel Print. I hated it too. Finally, determined to make a dishcloth, I tried the little house dishcloth in the Pastel Print:


I like the yarn, but you can't see the house! Here's a closer shot:

But in my wanderings around the net tonight looking for a different dishcloth, I found dishcloth heaven! I can't wait to spend some time looking around here.

And speaking of patterns, I found my
Baby Bobbi Bear kit I had ordered last fall. I'm going to use the alpaca for a scarf for Jim but BBB is so cute, I'm going to have to find something fun to make him in.

And just in case you have missed her:

This is a cat on a lanolin high. I can not keep her away from this knitting bag! Notice her head is THROUGH the handle. I now have to keep the bag on top of a bookcase she can't get on, which is pretty darned unhandy for both of us! As soon as the baby blanket is finished, I'll be spinning extra wool just so I can make the princess her own felted cat throne.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I ALMOST got a picture of Lexi giving a basket of knitting needles a "kitty kiss" this morning. As soon as the battery decided to cooperate, she had moved on. This picture is priceless!! Bless the little YI's heart!!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. : )

Your cat is quite the character and reminds me of one of ours.

Do you belong to a spinning guild? I, along with several of my knitting friends, would love to learn to spin. I'm trying to contact someone from the Norman Fiber League, but haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Do you use a spindle or wheel for spinning?

Have a wonderful upcoming weekend.

Shelly in Norman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home