Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: A Finished Object!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Finished Object!

I don't know how some of you do it. Work, knit, make an almost daily entry in your blog, have a life...Very impressive! My plan to post every three days is STILL hard to keep up with - lol.

Anyway I have a finished object! The felted tote - ready for use (more or less):

I like it but...see how floppy the handles are? I want to reinforce them a little or they are going to pull all out of shape when I use it. I'm also going to put a snap on it to hold the edges together so nothing falls out. So I'm thinking I might use velcro along the handle edges and see if that helps. Not that any of this will stop me from using it. Aside from the floppy handles, I really like the way it turned out.

And here is the sweater I mentioned. The one I don't know if I'm going to keep or frog:

YOW! It looks pretty ugly on the hanger! Great pooling, too! Here's a close up of the stitch:

This is the linen stitch. I was really curious to see what it would look like with a variegated yarn. But as you can tell from the picture of the sweater, I didn't have quite enough variegate to finish it, so I found something in my stash that matched. This is regular old Red Heart and a basic pattern I'd created for myself ages ago. Do you think it would look better as a short sleeve semi-heavy t-shirt? Please leave your opinion - I need your help!!

And last but not least - the blue baby hat. All I have left is the last two I-cord topnotches, then sew up the back. I have checked the size on this every few inches - it BETTER BE RIGHT!!


Not that this is an official FO...tomorrow it'll be official :)

Until then...

Oh...wait...I forgot to mention, Kathy C. found me THREE balls of Fiesta cotton - YEAH!! So I'm going to make one more DW cloth and then I'm going to try the bee st with the Fiesta yarn.

5 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Sweater: 1 vote to frog. I think your felted bag looks great. Isn't that yarn you spun yourself? I love the soft look it has.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I second Kay.

Where did she find the Fiesta yarn?

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Kay - Yup, this is some of my handspun. Someday I hope to get back to spinning.

Emily - She found the Fiesta the Wal-Mart near Penn Square. She says Wal-Mart has a better selection of colors than HL or Michaels!

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frog it!

The Mystery Husband!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger quantumtea said...

You might be able to reinforce the handles with some iron-on stuff from a fabric shop. Failing that, some stiff canvas ro denim would probably do the trick. I think it look pretty nifty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home