Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Lots of Knitting

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Lots of Knitting

But, as usual, no pictures. I even carry my camera in my knitting bag and only to discover it AFTER the events are over. DUH!

On Saturday I went to Knitty Committee. It was a smaller group than normal but still had plenty of great knitting and visiting. Gloria brought some wonderful holiday bread WHICH I COULD EAT. It was delicious and she sent the rest of it home with me since there are so few things I can eat right now. I was able to enjoy the bread for a couple of days and then my taste changed and I couldn't eat it. But I really enjoyed the couple of days it tasted good!

Anyway, KC was fun. Bette showed off her round pink baby blanket (and a picture of it would be right here if I had remembered to take one). The blanket is done in wedges with short rowing. She used three different colors of pink and it turned out great. It's on my list of patterns I want to try. Right now I have a list of projects to finish before it. I need to make Jim a shadow scarf (Yarn Roadie), a BIL needs a warm wool scarf, and I am working on a hat and scarf set for my SIL Eileen. Plus there is always charity knitting on the needles.

I also made it to the Guild meeting on Sunday. It was a lot of fun and we had about 23 people show up. We had lots of great food and played Dirty Santa". I ended up with a commemerative Christmas ormament which is gorgeous. We had at least one new person who had just started knitting and was making a sweater out of really fuzzy yarn. Pretty impressive!

Jim had to drop me off early to go do an open house so I rolled around the library looking at books and killing time. Right now my wig is still a little tight across my incisons so I was being festive by wearing my green fun fur hat. A young man (aabout 15 or 16 yrs old) walked by me. Under his breath I just barely heard him say "I like your hair." Quite a complement coming from a teenage boy!

Next guild meeting (Jan 28th) we vote for new officers. I have really enjoyed being President this last year. It gave me something else to think about outside of health issues. I'm really proud and grateful to the Guild members for making the dream of the guild come true.

Health Update - I have PT three times a week so I'm worn out most of the time. ;-) But my leg is gettting stronger. My taste buds are in constant flux, and my eyesight is not changing for the better yet. I have no doubt all these things will get in line at some point. In the meantime it's a good excuse not to work very hard!

I feel good. I think the worst I've felt thru this whole thing was when I had to do chemotheapy - nasty stuff! And speaking of nasty stuff - I will be done with taking steroids on Saturday. This Friday is my last day. I can hardly wait!

May each and everyone of you have a wonderful, blessed Christmas!

3 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the guild meeting. I'm thrilled to hear how very well you are doing! : )

Off of steroids for Christmas....Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

I finally made it to my knitting group last week, and it was a blast. Glad you're also enjoying the company of knitters!

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! While I'm not sure your goal was to sport a hairdo that attracted admiration from teenage boys, it's quite a feat to do so! That's a sweet and funny story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home