Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Catching up

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Catching up

I know it's been a while since I last posted. If there is anyone still checking here, I apologize for the lenght of time.

Thought I'd post some pictures taken in Tenn at Thanksgiving:

Here is my great nephew Br
ody, wearing his new pumpkin hat.

This is the doting Grandmother (SIL Eileen) with her first grandchild. Look at the curly dark hair Brody has! He is SO cute.

And Grandad (BIL Joe), also enjoying the benefits of being a grandparent.

When we got back from Tennessee, my parents came out to visit. And wouldn't you know it, they arrived at the same time as our blizzard!

We had a great visit, snow or not. Wayne and Kathy even invited us to their house for dinner one night! It was great and 5 year old Ryan and my Mom struck up a friendship immediately.

Apeaking of striking up an immediate friendship, guess which cat took an instant liking to my Mom - Blueberry! The ghost cat, the invisible cat - YES. She was touching noses with her, she would come when Mom called her, whe would lie next to her on the sofa. OH BROTHER! I just recently got Blue to sit on my lap. I offered to send her home in a suitcase but my folks seemed less than enthused.

I'm doing physical therapy three times a week. I am resolved to be walking as soon as possible so I am also doing exercises at home. My p.t. therapist has okayed me to walk using a walker without supervision - YEAH! Sugar must have really missed the wheel chair because she insists on riding when it's moving and she sleeps in it when it's parked.

Enough for tonight, I'll try to get some of my charity knitting pics up tomorrow.

6 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

It's so good to see you post again! I'm glad your mom came down to see you.

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check your blog almost every morning and it is so good to know you are progressing and able to use the walker now. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you posted. It's great to hear from you again!

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been checking your blog regularly and so glad you posted and let us know how things are going. Nice family pix and great that you can use your walker unsupervised!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Cute, cute little munchkin with his new pumpkin hat on! See you next week!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

You sound like you're doing so well! Glad to hear you've been having fun with the family. . . . that's what I'm really missing this holiday! Love the pumpkin hat for Thanksgiving - too perfect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home