Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: And Some Pictures

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Friday, December 15, 2006

And Some Pictures

Here are some of the charity hats I've been knitting. I can make one of these in about 2 hours and they are just SO cute.


This isn't a very good picture but I have one of the two fuzzy hats on the end:


While I was in rehab at the hopital, one of the nurses brought me two balls of the short eyelash yarn specifically for charity knitting. I'm just sorry she didn't get to see these, they are really cute.

This will be a super knitting weekend - tomorrow is KC (Kitty Committee) and Sunday is the Guild meeting. I feel like I haven't been to either group in months and am really looking forward to both of them.

And as usual, I make plans and my body goes on strike. I keep forgetting how tired I get with just a modest amount of activity. I thought I was doing pretty good today, until I was standing up in the kitchen to chop vegtables for dinner. I have been sitting ever since. Other than that, I feel great and am REALLY looking forward to seeing fellow knitters in knitting circumstances (rather than the prone position of a hospital bed).

This post wouldn't be complete without a cat update. Rimsky is still going strong though not going as fast; Blueberry has decided she doesn't like us too much during the day but night time is a different story. She sleeps either on top of or next to or between our legs; and last but not least, Miss YI has started taking her job very seriously again. I picked up the charity yarn from Anna the other day and brought it home (first time I'd had a chance to see it). Sugar BURROWED into the box holding the scarf yarn and all you could see was her fat little head poking out. Never a camera when you need one.

5 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With love from Mom, The Charity hats are so neat. They are great! We really enjoyed our visit at your house and to OKC. We enjoyed visiting with Sugar, Rimsky and especially Blueberry, too.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The hats are adorable! I have several to turn in to guild, but not sure I can make in on Sunday. Our daughter is graduating from OSU this weekend, so our weekend is rather booked. : )

I'm thrilled to hear that you're doing so well. I'm still praying for you every day and hope your energy returns full force soon.

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun hats! And the pumpkin one from your previous post is made even more adorable by a) the cuteness of Brody and b) his little pumpkin outfit.

It must totally suck to have your mind and body out of synch, with your brain raring to go and your body just not there yet. I have to believe that that mental energy bodes well for your overall healing, though!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Yea! I was so excited to see your post....and those hats are just so darn cute!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Those hats are adorable - I love the fuzzy stripes! And you have to think that sending all that good karma out into the world will come back in the form of the energy needed to knit more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home