Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: The Yarn Inspector

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Yarn Inspector


I swear, Sugar needs her own blog! She does some of the oddest things and I'm sure if she had a chance, she would have a reasonable explanation for every one of them (or not).

Such as yesterday - I went into the kitchen and found Sugar on top of the hutch (a new thing and I haven't the faintest idea how she got up there) and Blueberry on top of the refrigerator. A doorway sized space separated them. Blueberry looked pretty unhappy to be at eye-level with Sugar since Blue is pretty sure SHE rules the world not that upstart black creature.

I ran off to the the camera only to find the batteries had died. But it would have been a great picture, the black bear (is that a bearoness - bad pun) and the lioness glaring at each other. Well Sugar wasn't actually glaring. Blueberry still intimidates her immensely, but she was keeping tabs on Blue in case Blue decided to cross the great divide and beat her up - again.

So, now besides the "dead beetle" sleeping pose, we have the "I own the top of the hutch" stance. I'm just glad Rimsky is old and couldn't care less what the silly girls are doing. His biggest thing is if a cereal bowl shows up, it better have a skiff of milk left in it for him to lick out.

And some knitting conent. The last two DW's I made.


I'm designing a sweater for some souvenir yarn I bought four or five years ago in CA. We went stayed at a bed and breakfast in the hills close to the Nevada border. It was a great place to stay and had several yarn stores within a half hour's drive. I've finally decided what I want to do with the yarn, just need to get the GAUGE figured out.

BTW - I didn't make this very clear. In my last post, I had a picture of my sister, brother-in-law and baby. The baby is actually their grandson. Why my niece, the baby's mother, didn't pose with them is beyond me. Thought I should clarify that.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing holiday!

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Aren't pets just grand...they definately make our lives interesting! I can't imagine life without them....well...sometimes I can when they get into certain things and make big messes..LOL...but the feeling usually passes with the next cute thing they do!

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the antics of cats! Except when I hate them. There is no surface in our home that our cats can't get to, which means we have no safe spaces for flowers, other plants, or breakables. I've just learned to accept that we can't have nice things.

I love the amazing technicolor dishcloth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home