Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Posting Some Pictures

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Posting Some Pictures

Here's my sister Janice, her husband Vern, and baby Cameron. Look how big he is at only three days old! When I talked to his mom, my niece Celia, she said he's already wearing 1 - 3 month's clothing. None of this newborn stuff for him! So I'm making things for 6 month sizes and getting it to him QUICK! The picture is a little fuzzy because it was taken on a phone camera. I'm just happpy to have it!

Did I ever share this little project? I wanted to make Carolyn's granddaughter something special when her baby brother Daxton arrived. This is what I came up with. It took me weeks to get it right but hopefully she's enjoying it. I give you the

PRINCESS SAVVY CROWN

This was really fun to create. I knitted two sets of "points" and sandwiched plastic canvas between them to hold the shape. The ornaments took me the longest to put together. I had to find just the right sizes and colors fit for a princess. I did take notes, in case I ever wanted to make another one. I just hope I can figure them out!

I had everything on but the bottom stars and I thought it was finished. But when I showed it to Jim, he thought it needed more "sparkle" so I added the last row of stars and he was right. It looked far more regal with them. Eventually I expect to see a picture of the little princess wearing it (hint, hint to some mimi if she's reading this).

Well, I was going to put up one last picture of the YI doing her job but blogger has decided I've put up enough pics so I'll save it for another time.

Have a great holiday weekend!

4 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm glad to see a pic of the crown!! I have been intending to get one of Savy wearing it to post...will get that done soon...promise! She just loves it, by the way!! We are supposed to have her over to spend the night Sunday night...if I get over some upper resiratory crud that decended on me yesterday, that is. Will remind Amanda to send the crown with her when she comes!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

That crown is fabulous . . . but not as fabulous as the baby, of course! Congratulations to your whole family!

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The baby is Wonderful! And, the crown is Great!

Have a great holiday weekend!

Shelly

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little crown is precious! I would have loved something like that when I was little. You're so multi-talented and creative!

Congrats to Janice, Vern, and Cameron. I'm sure they will love the things you're making for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home