Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: More Tales of Sugar

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

More Tales of Sugar

Carolyn came by this afternoon and we knitted and got caught up on family stuff. I forgot to take pictures but she is knitting the cutest baby sweater for Daxton on SIZE ZERO needles with tiny cotton yarn. It's going to be very cute but goodness!

She also sent me pictures of Savvy wearing her princess crown. I'm hoping she'll email me a single photo so I can post it. Savvy is so cute and the crown looks like it actually fits her.

And what have I been doing, you ask? Well, two MORE DW's. The picture doesn't do either of them justice. The colors are much better in real life.



The Quality Control Inspector showed up just as I was getting ready to pick things up. She has to put her cat scan of approval on all knitted items. No sloppy dishcloth work around here. I guess it passed as she sniffed it a couple of times and then tried to chew on it. I always take that to mean she likes something.


I spent most of Monday in bed (kind of a hard weekend for me). Here I am under my blanket and Sugar is under her blanket. I couldn't get her to sleep with her blanket next to me - oh no, if she wasn't laying right on top of me, she wasn't happy. Heaven forbid Sugar is unhappy! Can you say SPOILED? Me too. And I said it as I dumped her and her blanket off of me for the third or fourth time!

And she has ANOTHER new little quirk. Emily was over recently and when she petted Sugar, black hair flew everywhere. So, with very little hope of this working, we bought Sugar a pet brush. She sheds vigorously. If shedding were a sport, she would definitely get a medal. Anyway, we had a big surprise - she LOVES being brushed! If she hears the drawer open that holds her brush, she will RUN and leap on the table purring, sometimes she leaps so hard, she slides right off the other end (okay, she has only done that once but it sure was funny)!

She lays on one side, then on her back, then on her other side. She purrs the whole time and is really disappointed when we decide we've got all the loose hair for the day. I have NEVER had a cat let me brush her.

Blueberry has decided she can be brushed for 3 and a half seconds. After that, she's done. And she only does it to annoy Sugar.

I started making a hat for my sister to match her purse and about five inches into it I found out I was short *10* stitches. Two stitches I could fake, four I could add, but TEN is just too many. So I've completely frogged it and will start over again tonight. No watching tv, no blog surfing, no interruptions until I get back on track. And someone will have to explain the closed door to Miss You-Know-Who.

So wish me luck!

5 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

That's definitely a cute picture with Sugar under her blanket...and on you and yours. : )

I'm sorry you had a rough weekend. I'm saying prayers that you will be feeling much better soon.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger quantumtea said...

I have one cat that hates to be brushed, and one that adores it. Bizarre creatures, but entertaining!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Rosemary said...

Sugar is adorable! I love kitties that like to spend time with their people :)

Lookit you, continuing to crank out those DWs

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

That is a pretty picture of Sugar on you under the blanket. I guess you forgot it's YOU she wants to be touching most...not her blanket! lol I bought Lexi a Zoom Groom at Petsmart (because Wendy recommended it). Lexi LOVES it. She even lets me run it over her tummy and chest...definite no-no areas!! She seems to like it best but the down side is her hair flies in the air!! But it sure does seem to do a good job otherwise.

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Thursday the 14th. I've just found your blog. It's interesting; I love cats (don't have one currently).
Did you notice, in the pic of the black cat looking down at the dishcloths, the lighter color of the carpet forms a cat's head shape above his back? Ear points to the left, head looking down at the real cat? As I was scrolling down to the picture, this was the first thing I saw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home