Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Friday, Friday

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday, Friday

Had a pet scan this morning but won't get the results for a few days. Not that I'm expecting anything. This is just a regular maintenance scan.

But it was funny. I went to Mercy (if you have to go to a hospital, this is the one to go to) for it. A nice young tech came to collect me in my wheelchair (Mercy is HUGE, I always get a chair) and started wheeling me down the hall toward the cat scan area. We zipped right past it and he wheeled me right out the back door! Down a ramp, across a driveway, and right up to a big Winnabago (okay, it wasn't really a Winnabago). As it turns out, the pet scan team comes to Mercy Tuesdays and Fridays in a huge motor home!

There is a lift that takes you from street level up to warehouse accordian- type doors that open by pushing them up. I swear, I felt like a refrigerator being delivered to a trailer house. After that it was a pretty normal scan, except they wouldn't let me knit while the radioactive sugar was coursing through my veins. The tech said it would just go into my hands, couldn't watch tv or listen to music because the sugar would set up mainly in my head. So no knitting but lots of complements on my felted market bag holding my projects.

The volunteer who walked us over to the radiation department started telling the waiting room crowd - all six of us - jokes. The best one was this:

What's the difference between a nothern zoo and a southern zoo?
At a southern zoo, under the name of the animal in the cage, is a recipe.

And look at this great picture Carolyn sent me of Miss Savvy wearing her Princess crown. Carolyn sent me several but I really like this one:


I'm planning to be at GYKI tomorrow afternoon unless I have to go write a contract for a house. If I don't see you, have a great weekend - well - have a great weekend even if I DO see you!

3 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too funny. The refridgerator comments cracked me up.

That little crown looks wonderful! What a sweet picture.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The crown is beautiful!

I'm hoping the pet scan results are miraculous.

I'm also glad that the big truck didn't take off with you in it. : )

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I love that you see the humor in it all - hospitals are strange, otherworldly places, aren't they?

And on another note, isn't it great to see knitting projects in action?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home