Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Don't Cha Hate It When...

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, January 23, 2006

Don't Cha Hate It When...

you knit a row, get ready to do the next row, and realize you just knit the last row, not PURLED it! Then you pull it out (none of this sissy tinking, oh no, let's just take it off the needles, rip out two rows and put it back on the needles) and find you're missing TWO stitches!!

So now I'm in the process of TINKING back the last row to see if I can find those two wayward stitches -- yes, on the baby blanket. But I did manage to add a couple more inches this weekend. I'm thinking about 30" or so should be about the right length for a baby blanket. And I'm hoping I don't run out of the second color of yarn.

I also hate it when I only need enough yarn for one or two more rows but have to buy a full skein. In this case I guess it would be a good excuse for some matching baby accessories.

No pics tonight. But a friend sent me this
awesome link and I wanted to share it. Click on video clips and choose "Just Imagine." Let me know what you think!

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Jen said...

What an amazing link and an amazing talent!! Good luck with your blanket - don't let it get the best of you!! LOL

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Wow! That artist has quite a talent!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home