Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Updates

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, December 19, 2005

Updates

We woke up to snow again this morning! No sunshine this time. Perhaps this is to get us into the Christmas spirit. Well, it's not working! But at least the tree is no longer a shrub. Granted the tree skirt never made it under the tree and it only has one ornament at the moment.

A crocheted angel I made several years ago. But lights are pretty and the ormaments will probably get hung up before the week is out.

I finished the fingerless mitts. It seems the ever vigilant yarn inspector felt the ball of yarn I was working with was too large and cumbersome. So she thoughtfully reduced it into small, more manageable balls. It took me awhile to get it rewound.

I also finished another DW cloth made from Christmas-y red, white, and green Sugar-n-Cream cotton. I redid it about four times. The length of the color changes simply do not create the zig zag pattern. I tried it with 38 stitches, with 34 stitches, and with 30 stitches. None of them looked right. So I gave up. Here is the dishcloth with 30 stitches:


I like the size but the pattern is not very pretty. I have a green variegate I'm going to try next. Then at some point, I'll get back to finishing up the UFOs.


The Metro OKC Knit Guild meeting on Sunday afternoon was very nice. Whether there are two or two hundred, being with other knitters is simply a joy. And thanks to Margaret, we have a couple of pictures (but none of Margaret, obviously if you are taking the picture you can't be IN the picture - I think she planned it that way)

Here is Emily and Kay . Both brought great show and tell items and yummy treats for us to nibble on as we knit. Margaret made some wonderful hot apple cider too!


Here is Polly, me, and Terri (Terri started the OKLAHOMAKNITTERS list on Yahoo). The gorgeous felted basket was knitted by Polly and was still damp from being felted. It was one of Cat Bordhi's patterns and it turned out very nice. Terri brought some fruitcake stollen that was very good. I'd never had stollen and certainly nothing as festive as fruitcake stollen. We had a great time!

5 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Remind me next time to take the pictures, that way I can stay out of them and Margaret will be in them. :-)

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I love your crocheted angel. So lovely for the top of the tree.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Kay, I think next time we'll pass the camera around so everyone can be in and out of the pics! I thought the one of you and Emily was very nice!

Emily, Thank you! This was back when I had time to do thread crochet!

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I may have to have a new rule -no cameras in the store. lol

Susan - I'm just the opposite - I LOVED the snow and it got me in the holiday mood! It was the best kind - beautiful coming down but melting on the road. Perfect!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

The DW pattern - I know I did a straight garter stitch cloth - cast on 35 on size 6 needles and got the zig zag pattern. Don't know if that will work with the DW pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home