Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Getting Into the Christmas Spirit

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Getting Into the Christmas Spirit

So late last night I learned how to use Yahoo's IM feature. Between my Mom in Tonasket, Washington, one of my brothers in Kent, Washington and my hubby, I managed to carry on several conversations at once. Wow! This is a neat feature! But I digress.

Getting into the Christmas spirit: We hadn't put up a tree or decorated for Christmas in about seven years. It's been one thing or another and we simply didn't get around to it. Famous last words. So this year, in our new house, I wanted the tree up (ours is a fake we bought the year before we got married), decorations out, and some lights on the house. Here's how far we've gotten:

The Christmas Shrub. At first branches were being added every couple of days. They no longer seem to be appearing. But notice, there are lights are on the branches. Also notice the stockings hung by the chimney with care. Those are the ONLY decorations up so far. And you can't even see the best one (on the end with it's heel towards you:

Yes folks, a modified Godzilla stocking. I made it years ago. (I also have Zilla ornaments and an advent calendar - I used to be a fanatic, now I'm just a fan).


Here are all the ornaments and decorations. Note the Christmas tree skirt over the chair. Most of our ornaments are hand crafted, except for the box full in front. Those are all Hallmark dated ornaments - we have 22 of them. We got married in Jan'85 but spent our first Christmas together in Dec '84. One shoebox is full of sheep ornaments (I used to collect sheep but the zillas ate most of them) and another shoebox is full of train ornaments (also used to be a model railroader but simply didn't have the time or space). I also have several Nativity sets but I haven't found them yet. Not that they would get put out...well, maybe ONE would!

But are we so sadly lacking in Christmas spirit - absolutely not:


There is nothing like a Christmas Tree Hat to brighten up the season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home