Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Short and Sweet

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, December 05, 2005

Short and Sweet

After looking at all those UFOs, I think I'll start with the sunsuit. I'm going to create a buckle for it out of plastic canvas. That way I can make it the size and shape I want, use washable yarn, if the kid pulls it off it won't choke him/her, and I can truly FINISH one of these projects fairly quickly. I also decided to rip out the two projects with only an inch done on them. One I'll redo but I'm going to use my knitting machine and not waste time. I just want a plain pullover. The other will provide me with some nice cotton but it becomes stash and is no longer a UFO.

Yesterday I got sidetracked at a local yarn store and ended up buying more dishcloth yarn and yet another pair of size 8 needles. But I did get half of my Christmas knitting finished over the weekend (I'll post pics after Christmas) and have started on the other half. So I figure it's okay to BUY dishcloth cotton as long as I don't actually WORK on it until I'm done with the Christmas knitting.

And thanks to Ali, I found this great web site with multitudes of interesting classes to take. I'd been wondering how I was going get started and this looks perfect.

This is also the time of year I work on my real estate business plan for next year, so posts will be sparse while I round up numbers, go through advertising options, and generally determine what I want to accomplish. The best thing about my business plan is I also plan a year's worth of personal goals as well as business goals. Since I started putting goals on paper, in the last three years I've been up in a hot air balloon, drove a train locomotive, learned some magic tricks, and started buying investment real estate. It's amazing!

Now if I could just get some UFOs finished...

1 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger quantumtea said...

I made a list of things I'd done this year that I'd never done before and it was quite long! The best one was the tandem skydive in July, followed by finally getting my ears pierced.

One thing you pick up from nanowrimo is that goals and deadlines are an amazing motivator. Go you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home