Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Sing a Song of Knitting

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Sing a Song of Knitting

So instead of working on Christmas knitting, I've spent my spare seconds writing the little ditty you see under the heading. Special thanks to Ali who helped me change the font color in the heading - she's amazing! I couldn't get the last verse to fit so I had to chop it off. But rather than have you miss out on the whole thing, here is my knitting carol in it's entirety:

Knitter’s Wonderland
(To the tune of Winter Wonderland)

Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen,
They’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare,
Welcome to my knitter’s wonderland.

Yarn abounds to overflowing,
Countless books increase my knowing.
I need every bit; I care not a whit
If there’s no pathway through my wonderland!

In an evening I can make a mitten,
Start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat.
But the question to ask any kitten, is
“Do you think she’ll really finish that?” (Ha, Ha, Ha)

I like starting brand new projects,
Old things are rejected objects.
Some day they’ll get done, but that’s part of the fun
of living in a knitter’s wonderland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home