Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Miss Kitty and some UFO Sightings

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Friday, December 02, 2005

Miss Kitty and some UFO Sightings



I bought this yarn several years ago with the idea of making a cardigan. Several patterns (and rip-outs) later, Ive now decided to make the ZigZag Pullover from a Knit-n-Style. This is kind of slow going since it's done in strips then sewn together (it's the sewing part that always slows me down). Notice the small Yarn Gourmet with the big mouth. But the amount I have done looks really nice, almost the whole back is finished. I'm going to put small balls of the yarn into a bag and keep it in the car to work on.



This is a very cute, soft cotton baby sunsuit. All it lacks are the ends woven in and snaps or velcro put on at the shoulders and crotch. Why isn't it done? I can't decide how I want to add a small buckle in the middle of the black belt! Should I duplicate stitch it? Should I make i-cord and free-hand it? Should I just go buy a small plastic buckle and sew it on? Decisions, decisions. In the meantime, the baby I was making this for is now in kindergarten.

And if you're wondering where my furry yarn inspector is, right after I took this picture, a small black paw came swiftly from under the table, grabbed the loose ends, and pulled it out off!


I couldn't get the light right on this either. This colors are much prettier and not nearly as muddy as they look. This is a pattern and yarn from last spring's Patternworks. It's a short sleeve cardigan in a broken cable & eyelet stitch. This is almost half the back done. I had to set it aside when I started chemotherapy. I just couldn't concentrate on the pattern rows. I'm almost to the point I could pick it up again. Maybe another month or two. Just in time for spring.

The Bloom Shawl from Knitty.com done in my own handspun on size 35 needles, kool-aid and easter egg dyed. I'm about half done with it. I set it aside when I started the Christmas knitting. But now I want to make felted bags and am having a hard time not ripping this out to use. I'm sure it will make a much prettier shawl than a knitting bag...yes, I'm sure...


Last but not least is a tape sweater I started with close-out yarn bought in Kansas years ago. This is the back. I started the front only to realize (after knitting up to the armholes) I wouldn't have enough yarn to finish it. No labels, no idea of the name, so I ripped out the front then found I had some black tape I bought at the same time. I've been trying to come up with a creative way to use the black for the front and still make it work with the blue back. And again, I need to practice more with the camera. While Sugar came out the right color, this sweater back is actually a purply navy blue!

So enough of this. I have a few more. These are the high points. Yes, there are a few low points (even I don't think you can count one inch of knitting as enough of a project not to rip it out but I can't bring myself to do that on at least two items!) but I feel better already.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Oh, you are a brave woman, exposing your UFOs to the world!

Maybe some incentives to finish each project? Like I can buy x yarn if I finish this project. . .wait, that doesn't work, b/c I keep buying yarn anyway. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home