Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Gauging Disappointment

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Gauging Disappointment

SIGH!! The little hat I was making to match the sunsuit fits ME!! How did that happen? I checked my gauge TWICE (as you can plainly see, I don't think this is actually my fault). It's must be the yarn. I checked the gauge TWICE (oh, I already mentioned that) And not only does it fit me perfectly, I don't like it! It would look very cute on a 6 month old (with a really big head) but it just looks silly on me.

Between a heart test and my weekly herceptin treatment, I had two solid hours to knit this morning. I could have made a couple of dishcloths. I could have started the felted tote bag. I could have worked on another UFO. I could have...well, you get the picture.

I even made cute I-cord trims for the top of it. I'm so disappointed I'm not even going to take a picture of it. Where's the yarn inspector when you need yarn chewed up...

Sigh! I'll check the gauge again before I rip it out. I can't believe it fits me! It's supposed to be 16" around. It has to be at least 20". Sigh! I think I'll start the felted tote bag - no gauge needed.

And I also realized I missed the big sale at Gourmet Yarns - SIGH!

2 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Susan, you and I both missed the yarn sale at Gourmet Yarn. This is the second time I missed it!! I'm going to have to plan better. lol

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Gauge, the eternal mystery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home