Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: The Day After

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, December 26, 2005

The Day After

Hope everyone had a wonderous Christmas day and everyone got at least one thing under the tree they had hoped for. I know I did. My knitterly gift was from my sweet SIL Eileen. She got me this book and hinted she might like "Flap-Top Mittens" on page 102. Guess what she's getting for Christmas next year (but don't tell her, it's a secret. And if she happens to be reading this - I'm just kidding Eileen, you're really getting something else... like... ummmm... compost soil... Yes That's It. You're getting compost soil!)

And my honey-bunny got me TWO candy books! For all you Okies,
this one is written by an Okie and has updated old candy recipes from around Oklahoma. It looks really fun and regardless of what the blurb says, there are NO cookie recipes in it!

It was so nice and peaceful around here I actually finished a UFO!

It turned out so cute I am making a sunhat to go with it! (Does anyone else have this problem? I can't just make something, but I have to make something else to go with it! It's no wonder I don't get anything finished!) I'll post a pic as soon as it's done. And I made one last DW cloth (then it's on to try the bee stitch):

I tried a couple of times to take this without the Yarn Inspector but finally just gave up. This one is on size 6 needles with 34 sts and the zig zag pattern is back. I don't really like using such small needles. And I keep thinking I can get two cloths out of one ball of Sugar & Cream. But as Polly pointed out at the last Guild meeting - if I buy two balls I can get three cloths with little yarn left over. So I will be buying two balls of the same color from now on.

Today I'm cleaning up files on my computer in preparation for finishing up my business plan this week. I'm also going to go through all the Christmas ornaments (that never DID make it to the tree) and clear out the ones I don't recognize or remember. What do you do with nice but unwanted handmade ornaments? Guess I'll put a bag together for Goodwill.

Happy Christmas Week!

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Glad you had a lovely Christmas--the sunsuit looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home