Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: In Memory of My Darling Susan

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Friday, April 18, 2008

In Memory of My Darling Susan

Susan Barrington
June 5, 1952 - April 17, 2008

To All of Susan's Many Friends:

I wish I didn't have to write this. Regretfully, I must inform you Susan passed away Thursday morning, April 17th, at about 7:10AM. She was originally diagnosed April 15th, 2005 and fought valiently the entire three years, keeping her resolve and sense of humor to the end.

I will be planning a memorial service and "going home party." Susan, always thinking of others, truly wants people to know she's with her Lord and is now well and happy. To that end, she asked after the memorial service is complete, her friends enjoy a little food and some music! As the Book says, "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."

The memorial and party will most likely occur during the middle of May. We want to give any family who plan to attend ample time to make travel reservations without breaking the bank. Please check here. I'll post when the events are planned.

Thank you for all your prayers.

Jim Gorges for Susan

8 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger anna said...

Jim,
I know you will miss Susan, and my sympathy is with you. I know she always kept her faith....with you by her side. I know she is in heaven with the Lord now...she is happy and well...and probably knitting. I will miss her... My prayers will be with you as you go through this difficult time.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,
Susan couldn't have received a better gift on earth than having a loving husband as you by her side. You have been through a lot also. Please take care of yourself and know that many are thinking of you during this tiem. Let us know if we may help in any way.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed reading Susan's blog. I'm praying for your comfort through this time.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Jim, I didn't know Susan as long as some other knitters, but I got to know her real quick. I praise her for her for staying in the fight. I know she never gave up. She will be missed by many. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger anita said...

Jim, I am so sorry. She was such a generous person.

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim we thank you so very much for being such a great husband to Susan. I know this must be very hard on you right now. We and many more are praying for you to help you get through all of this. You must feel so lost without her there. I am so glad we came to visit you and Susan the end of March. God Bless you Jim. Love, Roy and Beryl, Susan's parents

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm sad and I'm not the authorized spokesman, but I think God is sad, too. Bette

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,

Thank you for bringing Susan out here to see all of us here in Washington.
It was a great experience for Bill and I and I know our kids fell in love with her and you. Our prayers are with you and love you with all of our hearts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home