Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Brief Update

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Brief Update

Here's just a brief update on Susan's condition.

I'm sure you know she moved to the "rehab" floor last Wednesday. The therepists have been working her very hard for the past week, but she is making significant progress. She is beginning to have a small amount of control of the left leg. Her balance is still a problem, as in the fatigue, but she's determined to succeed! (You know Susan!! :)

The therepists think she should remain as an inpatient for 5 to 7 more days -- pending insurance company concurrance. We're still hoping she'll be able to travel and that we won't have to "engineer an escape" for her to go to Knoxville for Thanksgiving, but only time will tell.

Thanks for all your support! She really enjoyed the e-greetings sent to her at Mercy. She's in room 234. Visiting is best after 3PM because her 8 to 3 schedule is chock full of working on the leg!

Jim

2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm thrilled that Susan is making such progress. This is wonderful news.

I hope that both you and Susan are getting plenty of rest in between the workouts.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Hi Jim,

I'm glad to see your post. I've tried and tried to reach Susan on the phone only to get a busy signal and now I know why!! I'll try to call after 3.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home