Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Kitty Kapers

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Kitty Kapers

Our oldest cat - Rimsky - is 15 years old. He recently had an abscess inside his cheek! Our vet could find no reason for it but thought it probably had been building for quite a while. Rimsky's poor little face was so swollen on that side he couldn't open his eye!
We took him to the vet on Monday. Poor guy. He had to stay overnight so they could try to get the swelling down before draining the abcess. He was once our biggest cat and now he's down to 8 lbs! We've watched him change over the last couple of months. Now we think it was the toxins his system. We picked hm up on Tuesday and brought him home. He has a drain tube in his cheek (which looks really gross so I won't be treating you to pictures of it) and a shaved face. BUT he's starting to act like his old self and not like an old cat. We are certainly thankful for that!

Now who do you think was scared to death of him? That's right - Sugar. She hissed and growled if he came within ten feet of her! He must have smelled really odd. She jumped up on my lap, sniffed my sweater, and hissed at me! I had him on my lap for a few seconds while Jim got the carrier. So all last night Sugar sat under the coffee table and hissed or growled or both at any cat who came into the living room. She's a little better today. She's still hissing at him but now she's trailing about five feet behind him. Maybe she just wants to keep tabs on him.

And speaking of Sugar, you know how she feels compelled to be in the middle of things if it seems the least bit interesting. Jim and I play Yatzee once in a while. Here is Missy Big Buns trying to fit into the box. Of course she doesn't, the box is too small. But that doesn't keep her from trying to lay down in it EVERY time we play. She's probably hoping for a bigger box (which, believe it or, we provided for her. But it wasn't the box we were using so she didn't want to sit in it - spoiled, spoiled spoiled)
As for Blueberry, she's like a little gray shadow flitting through the house. Except for the times she's racing though the house after Sugar, which happens at least once a day. And all this time I thought she was six but Jim and I were working out cat ages the other day and it turns out she's only FOUR! How I got her to six, I'll never know!

Well I was going to post a picture of Blueberry in her vulture pose, waiting for Sugar, but blogger is not cooperating.

I'm off to finish a couple of listing packets. I am going to look at two houses tomorrow to see about listing them.

5 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I seem to hear Sugar saying "the world is mine". Don't you hear that too? lol

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so glad that Rimsky is feeling better, poor fella. I bet that really hurt.

Sugar. Afraid? I'm surprised!

I'm praying for you. If you need anything at all, please let me know.

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope that Rimsky is feeling much, much better. Poor Kitty.
Sugar is so funny! You get a lot of good pictures of her. So fun to read your page, Susan.

Love, Mom

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

What is it with kitties and boxes/sacks? My fuzz-face is probably the least interested in those of any kitty I have ever had...but then he has always acted more like a dog than a cat...he's a strange little fellow!

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kitty kapers never fail to crack me up. Except for the sad story about Rimsky -- poor guy! I've never seen a cat with a shaved face. I'm guessing they don't care for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home