Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: The Mad Hatter

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Mad Hatter

Before I threw myself into charity knitting, I had knitted three hats and a bag to felt. The pattern is everywhere on the net

and is very easy. I made one with Lambs Pride and yes, the black band was knitted in. It turned out very cute and felted perfectly. I made another with Ali's handspun and Cascade 220:

The picture doesn't do it justice! It's really red with the black band knit in and the Cascade 220 at the top matches the blue in the variegate. But it's a little big. I'm thinking of refelting it to see if I can get the size down a little.

And I also made my sister Jan a hat and bag. She picked out the yarn when she visited a couple of months ago. I used the same pattern Carolyn used for the hat and it turned out very cute. Unfortunately I was doing guesstimates on the size of the purse so it will also get another hot bath to see if I can get down to the size she wanted:

The bag does look a little wonky! I am planning to make another of the rolled brim hats in black but make the brim a little wider.

I was visiting with Eileen, Jim's sister, and ended up volunteering to make HER a hat. The rolled brim will look really nice on her so I neeed to get over to Gourmet Yarns and buy some more Cascade 220. It will probably be a hospital project.

Did I mention hospital? Yes, a matter of fact I will be back in for surgery on Friday. It appears the Gamma Knife was unsuccessful in frying the tumors and they are growing. So come Friday at 6:30 am(!!! What is wrong with these people? Are there no night owl sugeons?!) I'll be back at the hospital for a baseline MRI and getting my head shaved (of course since I actually have hair again).

The good news is both tumors are on the surface of my brain, not embedded, and both will be removed. I'm going to try to post one more time before Friday but it just depends on how life goes.

I appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts!

8 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Susan, the hats are very cute.

I'll be praying for you all the time, and several of my friends are praying, too. As a matter of fact, all around the world. Relatives in Eastern Europe/Asia have all their friends praying, too.

Let me know if there is anything at all that I can do at all.

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up, Susan. We LOVE you and are praying for you!

Take good care of yourself and keep us informed.

Polly

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers Susan.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger quantumtea said...

Will be praying for you. Thanks for the hat pic, I'm glad it worked up OK!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

The hats are adorable. Although I probably won't SEE you Friday, I'll be there.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan the hats are just adorable, thanks for putting them on your site. And we certainly will also be praying for you. (And for Jim, too.) Love, Mom

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I'll be thinking of you and sending you good thoughts. Good luck with the surgery, and the knitting.

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get the gone, dastardly tumors! You're not wanted here!

Good luck this week, Susan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home